Air source heat pumps (ASHP)
Renewable heating technologies are becoming a popular way of providing heating and hot water for your home, can help reduce your carbon footprint and can save money on your fuel bills.
Air source heat pumps extract latent heat from outside air and transfer it to the heating and hot water system.
Air passes through a heat exchanger which contains refrigerant which absorbs the latent heat then evaporates. This vapour is concentrated and compressed increasing its temperature and pressure. This hot vapour passes through another heat exchanger where the heat is rejected. This rejected heat circulates through the heating and hot water system for use in the home.
ASHP are suitable for all types of well insulated property. If you are renovating or considering new build this may be suitable for you.
Key Benefits of ASHP’s.
- The running costs of heat pumps are significantly lower than conventional heating systems – up to 70% of heat can be generated for free using natural resources
- They can reduce your carbon emissions by 30-50%
- Low running and maintenance costs
- Low noise
- Easy to install
- They can be connected to underfloor heating and radiators
- They can be connected with solar thermal system which can provide 60% of your water needs.
- The heat pumps we use are manufactured by Daikin and commissioned by GAH
For more information on the suitability of this type of heat source please call us on 01353 741 414 for a chat.