Landlord Gas Safety checks
Landlords, are you aware of your legal duties when letting a property with a gas appliance?
- A record of regular appliance servicing - Ensure that fittings and flues are maintained in a safe condition. This means that you should have gas installations and appliances serviced regularly and keep a record of the service.
- A valid Landlords Gas Safety certificate - Have a gas safety check carried out on all gas appliances and flues annually or within 12 months before the start of a new tenancy and provide the tenants with a copy of the certificate. A record of each safety check must be kept for 2 years.
- Ensure gas installations and appliances are safe and well maintained - Check gas installations and appliances immediately before the start of any new tenancy, even if the gas safety certificate is still current. Have all installation, maintenance and safety checks carried out by Gas Safe registered engineers only.
At David Lowe Plumbing and Heating we have Gas Safe registered engineers who will maintain the appliances, flues and pipework and carry out all the necessary checks and issue the required certificates.
We have extensive experience in providing services to landlords and work with Cheffins and Keeley letting agencies in Ely, Redmayne, Arnold and Harris in Cambridge and Jackson, Stops & Staff in Newmarket.
Our engineers are all fully qualified plumbers too and will be able to undertake any other maintenance required at the property.
What we offer to landlords:
- A full boiler service with a checklist.
- A Landlords Gas Safety certificate
- An annual reminder one month before the certificate is due.
- A fast and reliable service
- Appointments at a time and date to suit you.
- Engineers experienced and qualified to sort out heating and plumbing isses whilst at the property.
- Engineers qualified to work with natural gas and LPG
Remember your legal duties - call us today on 01353 741 414 to book an appointment.